Some of our business involves work in the offshore industry. This can be in offshore construction, such as oil and gas wells and installations, or in salvage operations. The links below are to some of the companies that are prominent in this field, and some that we have found useful.
Offshore survey and positioning software.
- EIVA Navipac www.eiva.com/products/eiva-software
- Part of an extensive suite of software including survey positioning, tug monitoring and control, multibeam sonar, and data collection modules.
- Blue Spider www.bluespider.im
- A recent entry to the market, the Blue Spider suite is intended for multi-vessel use, also making effective use of ubiquitous networks on each vessel to facilitate interfacing of serial connections to any PC on the network. It also includes the innovative feature of an automated data gateway that can be configured to compress and offload collected data to remote sites.
- Oceanfix International
- Now part of the RPS group, Oceanfix provides various land and surveysea surveying services, and also is a well regarded agency for freelance offshore workers.
- US Coastguard Navigation Centre www.navcen.uscg.gov
- Very useful source for GPS availability data. You can get emailed updates on GPS availability by subscribing to
NANUs - Notice Advisory to Navstar Users and
Operational Advisories. These emails give information on the status and planned maintenance of GPS (Navstar) satellites.
- A table showing the current status of the whole GPS constellation is here.
- Shipping Guides Ltd www.portinfo.co.uk
- The folk at Shipping Guides Ltd asked us to include a link to them, and we're pleased to do so. Their products are targetted at commercial operators of ships and look like a worthwhile addition to your almanacs.